Friday, March 17, 2006

Just past the Ides of March, the snowdrops have been in bloom for 10 days in Atlantic Canada and today brings sunshine and snow squalls.

The washed shetland fleece that hails orginally from Alberta is heading for the carder today and to the wheel perhaps this afternoon. The fleece arrived with a thick coat of prairie blow dirt--I'd forgotten how fine that could be all these years later living in the Maritimes out of reach of most prairie winds.

I dream as I sit at the spinning wheel, creating fine yarns and also I hope lengthening my days because this is so very meditative and relaxing.

The silver fiber from a huge ram fleece (9 lbs) that I began to spin last spring is now knit into a vest and a sweater, both nearly complete. These projects put aside while socks were knit for friends for Xmas. There's another fleece from the same ram on its way and that will be the last from this source since the ram's days are ended now.

Dreamin' of an electric Pat Green carder today...always dreamin' something!

No comments: