Monday, August 16, 2010

A knitting she does go & go & go....

Shawl progress continues. As I get frustrated with one shawl or have to do endless frogging, I put that aside and pick up one of the others. Had to tink back several rows of the cashmere Feather & Fan that I'm working on when I missed a center stitch yarn over and threw the whole row into a muddle. Got that sorted and back on track to the tune of Disc 2 of To the Manor Born.

Next up last evening was the B'water shawl where I am in sight of the middle of the large garter stitch square I'm knitting. Had enough stitches to make a count. That I can knit to episodes of The Closer. The pattern requires I knit 215 garter stitches by increasing one stitch each row; then decreasing back down to one stitch. This requires fortitude and television.

The Traveling Woman shawl is at the lace pattern stage and needs attention this evening I think. And I'd like to put in a couple of hours on the current sweater project, perhaps even finishing the front bands on the otherwise completed sweater.  It is cool enough some mornings and later evenings that a light sweater would be a treat.

Meanwhile I've promised to sew up several wee barista aprons for Ms C while she cuts and pieces a felted bag under my direction. Should be a fun afternoon in the upstairs studio, aka guest room.

Now, if I don't want my name to be mud or worse, I need to get the ice cream freezer bucket into the freezer to make the girl some strawberry gelato this afternoon.

Onward.....

1 comment:

wonderous woolerie said...

Sounds like lots of progress on the knitting front,say hi to ms. C from me hope you did find room for the icecream freezer bucket:-)