Friday, June 29, 2007

Time passing

Oh but I be glad to see the end of June, what with roofing and company, two part time jobs and too many things scheduled to do, never mind remember past the moment I did them. Bare (the company) was fun, and there was glorious seafood nearly every evening and one scrumptious smoked pork roast, while he was here; as well as two, count 'em two lunches at the Tempest in Wolfville; which lunches were so heavenly that I do in fact remember them. So that gives me two things I can recall for June. Well, okay, three, the pork roast was amazing. Let's hope that July goes at a much, much more reasonable pace so I can a) remember more and b) enjoy things much more thoroughly.

Ms. C, the teenage challenge in my life distinguished herself at her grade 9 grad by accomplishing the goal she set herself for the year--to make the Principal's Gold list for an average over 90%. Please heaven she will be as focused in grade 10 and beyond. The magic word is 'options' as in keep the grades up and that gives you some. Her goal a couple of years ago was to go to university entirely on scholarships, so she won't have a massive debt load. What? Do 13 year olds normally think like that?

After a long and interesting relationship I am now in the last stages of parting with my 55 inch weaving width flyshuttle production loom. It moves to its new home sometime around the middle of the month, where its arrival is anticipated with a great deal of excitement and possibly the counting of sleeps until it is installed. It will take two of us a full day to take it down and at least another day to put it back up in P's house. While I know how excited she is to begin to work with it, I'm excited to see what she will do to make it sing again. It could not go to a better home.

Half of my sixtieth year is now over and I can't say that I'm any closer to my plan to travel to Italy this fall. For one thing I don't yet have a passport and worse, can't find my citizenship paper to actually apply for one. Deadline for finding said document--midnight tomorrow. The bureacracy informs me by recorded message that if I have to apply to replace my document it will take them seven months and $75 to process my request. I wish I were kidding, I'm not. It should be easy to figure out that I am in fact a citizen of this fair land as I'm entitled to pay taxes and receive a pittance of CPP pension, have a medical card, social insurance number and some few dozen other pieces of related documentation. If Big Brother knows all, why does it take them forever and 7 months to confirm one's citizenship? I don't believe for a minute that they don't have all this information linked on some BB computer, a recent act of parliament respecting my rights to privacy notwithstanding.

Very little fibre work accomplished in June, only one pair of socks and minimal progress on my summer tank top. Don't say it, don't even think it. Tank top is navy with vertical stripes and very slimming, so there. Tomorrow, at long last, we spin!

1 comment:

AnnieH said...

Time is passing, that's for sure! I'd say it is just about time for a big catchup chat! How are you?