Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Spin, span, spun

What a glorious long (Canadian) weekend. I managed to wash another Cotswold fleece, beginning with a rain water soak or two and dumping the sludge onto plants and shrubs in my much neglected garden. The fleece then had a hot wash and a spin in the washer so it is now quite presentable. It still has enough 'eau de mouton' to be enjoyable but it ain't pissy rank.

Then there was spinning, many hours of it, while I listened to radio and the iPod depending on my mood. I've discovered the Putumayo genre recently and I'm definitely a fan. Knitting progress was made on the tank top as I watched the Rocky Horror Picture show (twice), Deepa Mehta's Fire and the first two discs of Season 1 of Arrested Development. Looking at that list I may have to worry about myself.

Spinning: I finished a bobbin of 'oatmeal' coloured Blue Faced Leiscester and am nearly done a bobbin of Louet's 'marmalade' colourway. I've quite a bit more to do as I'm spinning for a sweater project I plan to begin in the late summer.

Surprises: I have a textile book that I want to sell that is priced at over $400 on Abebooks & Amazon. How delicious is that? Then today I brought half a dozen books to a local book trader and sold 4 of them to him. I've just received an email asking me to pick up 3 of them because they are worth over $100 each and he thinks I should get that money. I take this as extraordinarly honourable and kind. So if you're in Nova Scotia, make a trip to The Biscuit Eater in Mahone Bay to enjoy this treasure as much as I do. Besides, he'll likely get the money I make on these books as I'll be able to afford more stops for coffee, biscuits, muffins and today's treat - carrot cake.

Time to hit the sofa and knit for the rest of the evening. Thinking I need to work on my shawl project (Bird's Nest pattern from Folk Shawls in silk and alpaca) or perhaps (dare I think it?) begin the Fiddlesticks shawl pattern I bought, I think it is a Feather & Fan, but then I'd have to use my hummm, profits (see above) to buy the yarn I want to make that in.

No comments: