Sunday, July 22, 2007

One of those delicious weekends

I'm just getting to the end of a weekend in which I actually had time to spin and managed to fill a bobbin with Blue-faced Leiscester for the fall sweater project. I so feel I've accomplished great things. Then there's the rebuilding of the stash room now that the production loom is installed in Pia's house. Oh, an organized stash--will I lose points for that, or gain them. There are points, one way or the other? Considered, briefly, that I could list the fleeces I have on hand, but thought that might be too worrying. Considered, for a slightly longer time, that I might want to buy a Patrick Green Triple Picker to help me get these fleeces into a spinnable state. Then I calculated the price; and so much for that idea, umm, fantasy.

Have begun sorting fiction books for sale. I have three piles, yes, no, and maybe. The object of this little game is to move everything possible into the yes pile, then actually get them all out of the house before I have time to shuffle them back onto a book shelf. Wish me luck, eh?

There was another wonderful concert at St. John's Church in Lunenburg tonight, the second I've been to in a month. A Baroque Ensemble called Tempest: cello, viola de gamba, violins, recorder, wooden flute, harpsichord and bass. If you get a chance to hear them, treat yourself.

Such delight for my senses this concert was, though I must say the seats in this church are miserable and the heat tonight no less so. Difficult to keep one's mind blissed on the music when one is in danger of melting or developing a permanent crick in the back, neck, knees and hips from the hard narrow wooden bench that passes for seating. The floor might have been more comfortable. But for all that for most of the concert I was indeed blissed. I didn't enjoy the tenor, but whether that is the fault of the musical style or the voice I'm not sure. Instrumentals, ah sigh, as lovely and memorable as the one really fine smooth scotch I've tasted, Langevulin (spelling?).

A perfect weekend then, delicious in many many ways.

To bed she said....

No comments: